This page was last updated 8th March 2021.
Homeowners wanting to undertake interior improvement work are able to do so under government guidance allowing for home trade visits. Tradespeople are still able to visit homes and this is the case throughout the current lockdown.
We really want to take care of our staff and of you, our customers during this time, so we’ve introduced bi-weekly COVID-19 testing for all employees who visit customer homes.
We’ve also put together an optional pre-survey video call system. Simply request this when you contact us and we’ll make all the arrangements. Video calls are a good way of letting us assess your initial needs and letting you see our screens in action in our showroom.
Once you’re ready for a home survey, we’ve made the following changes to our home visit processes. Please take the time to read them and help keep our staff and your family members safe.
Once you have booked a survey visit:
- We will make a pre-visit telephone call to confirm that our staff and all members of your household are well and not showing any symptoms of COVID-19. Note: we will not visit homes where there are vulnerable or shielding residents.
- We will undertake strict 2m social distancing measures at all times during the home visit. The visit will be as quick and efficient as possible.
- We request that only one member of your household is in contact with our staff and that children are not present at all.
- All contact must be minimised. There will be no sharing of materials, pens, brochures or paperwork and our staff will not accept refreshments of any kind. Any necessary paperwork will be sent via email.
- We ask that conversations are not made directly face-to-face – we will adopt a side-to-side style of discussion.
- All rooms should be ventilated before the visit and doors left open to help us avoid touching any surfaces.
- All our staff will wear gloves and a face covering during the visit and will wash their hands before entering your property.
When your screens are fitted, all the above working practices will apply, plus:
- During a fitting visit, any surfaces that our fitters come into contact with will be cleaned regularly during the visit and again before leaving the property.
- Any packaging or waste materials will be removed and taken away by the fitter.
- If more than one fitter is required, they will travel to the property in separate vehicles.
If you have any questions or concerns prior to our visit, or just want to chat them through with us, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please note that some of our sales and admin staff are currently working remotely, and while we are doing everything we can to ensure calls and queries are answered promptly, please bear with us if the wait is a little longer than usual.
You can find out more about the government guidance surrounding working in residential settings on their website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/homes.
The new guidance relating to the November lockdown can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
Guidance on staying safe during the pandemic can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing