Fly Screens for Windows – The Single Best Kitchen Investment for 2021
As the thermometer climbs, most people fling open their windows to keep their home cool and pleasant. However, when you open the windows, you also invite flying insects and crawling bugs into your kitchen.
That’s why fly screens for windows are the single best investment you can make for your kitchen this year. Fly screens for windows keep flying and crawling bugs out while you open and close your windows whenever you wish.
Everyone loves the feeling of a breeze on a summer’s evening, especially when you’re in the kitchen. You usually have two choices – close the windows to keep the flies, wasps, and mosquitoes out (which also keeps the wonderful fresh air out) or leave them open to every creepy crawly in the neighbourhood.
Fly screens for windows let you have the best of both worlds. Our clients regularly say, “why didn’t I think of this before?” They’re affordable, fit in nearly any sized windows, look great, and allow you to enjoy the weather without worrying about bugs.
What are Serene Fly Screens for Windows?
Serene Fly Screens for Windows are retractable insect screens that work with windows and doors up to 2 metres wide and 2 metres high. They’re easy to operate by hand, and don’t use any cords or strings, ensuring they’re safe for children and pets.
When they’re not in use, you simply retract them and tuck them away, out of sight and ready to use the next time you want to open your windows and say ‘buzz off’ to bugs.
The Benefits of Fly Screens for Windows in the Kitchen
Fresh air with no bugs buzzing around your face or getting into your food. What could be better?
- Enjoy fresh air with no nasty insects – The summer months come with gorgeous weather (ok, some of the time) and gentle breezes. Sadly, they also come with insects intent on getting indoors! It’s such a shame to block out the cooling night air and fresh breezes by closing the windows.
- Let out strong odours – Whether you’re cooking up a cracking curry, a pot of spaghetti bolognaise, or a fry up, food odours can really linger in your home, causing quite a stink. No one wants to choose between a kitchen full of flies or a lasting pong. Thankfully, fly screens for kitchen windows let you air things out while keeping flies and bugs at bay.
- Let steam escape – Simmering a pot of soup, stock or stew all day? You’ll soon notice drips of condensation building up on your windows and even on your walls. This moisture can lead to damp and mould over time, impacting your family’s health. Fly screens allow you to leave your kitchen windows open a crack, allowing steam to escape and preventing condensation.
- Keep your home cool at night – Your home can get really hot during the summer nights, making sleeping a challenge for the entire family. Your kitchen fly screens allow you to leave your windows open all night, letting a cool breeze circulate throughout the house. This extra fresh air flow will keep everyone comfortable and sleeping with ease.
- Prevent bug bites – Nothing is worse than being tortured by a mosquito all night long. It’s enough to make you want to shut your windows, even on the hottest of evenings! You may have screens on your bedroom windows, but without kitchen fly screens for windows, you’re letting all sorts of nasty insects inside. Your whole family will thank you.
- Enjoy uninterrupted views in the kitchen – Kitchen tasks can be a bit monotonous, so it’s always nice to pair them with a view. Serene fly screens for windows are discreet and easy to tuck away when not in use, so you can still enjoy uninterrupted views from your windows while you do the washing up or cook a meal.
Can You Get Fly Screens for Any Sized Windows?
You may have looked at your windows in the past and thought that there was no chance you find affordable fly screens for their size, shape, or design. But our Serene fly screens for windows are suited to nearly any windows.
Best of all, you can also choose your preferred mesh type. While the most popular mesh is 18/14 stiffened insect mesh in charcoal, there are plenty of different thicknesses, colours, and materials. They block out 55% of the sun’s UV rays and integrate well with privacy and solar fabrics.
You can retract most screen designs when not in use, so they never detract from your view or home décor. They’re also easy to maintain – simply use a hoover brush attachment to clean the mesh and remove dust and debris.
Kitchen Window Fly Screens Keep Things Cool
In the great British summer, you never quite know what the weather is going to do next. The skies open up with driving rain one minute, and sun beats down the next. That’s why fly screens for windows are such a great investment – you can keep your home cool, comfortable, and bug-free no matter what the weather is doing outside.
There’s nothing worse than having to keep your doors and windows sealed up tight in the summer just to prevent flying insects and creepy crawlies from getting inside. Fly screens for windows let you open your windows and enjoy fresh air without any worry.