Phantom Screens UK Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Our company is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), in order to make our data handling practices transparent, and to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from May 2018, and the subsequently adopted UKGDPR.
Good information handling makes good business sense. By doing this we believe we will enhance our business’s reputation, increase customer and employee confidence, and by making sure personal information is accurate, relevant and safe, save both time and money.
Our organisation acts as a Data Controller as we keep or process information about living people and must comply with certain important rules about how we collect and use personal information.
Lawful Basis for Processing
Our firm must have a valid lawful basis in order to process a person’s data and be able to demonstrate the processing of data is “necessary” in order to provide our products and services. There are six lawful bases to do that and our organisation processes on the basis of the following:
- CONTRACT – We may have to process information to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide a quotation, or act as credit intermediary in a finance agreement, or provide a warranty. In this instance the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract.
- LEGAL OBLIGATION – We may have to process information for health and safety reasons. In this instance Health and Safety is legislation.
- LEGITIMATE INTERESTS – In many instances the processing is necessary to enable us to respond to your enquiry and to create a finance plan through a lender when acting as a credit intermediary or carrying out a Customer Survey Report.
- CONSENT – We ask person’s to positively opt in if they want to receive further information on an alternative product or service that we market separately.
We do not process special category data.
Collection of Information – Your consent
We may collect personal information from you if you provide it voluntarily. If you do provide personal information to use, we will assume that you have read this Privacy Notice and have consented to us using your personal information in the ways described in this Policy and at the point where you give us your personal information. If, after providing us with personal information, you later decide that you do not want us to use it for particular purposes, then please write to us at the address shown.
Collection of your Information
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information you provide when buying our products or services;
- Information you provide to us by filling in our forms;
- Information collected through correspondence with our Sales and/or Customer Relations teams;
- Information you provide to us through the recruitment process;
- Social Media interaction.
We may require you to submit personally identifiable information in order for you to make use of our services. You confirm that any information you enter or provide will be true. We will only request and collect information which is necessary or reasonable in order to provide you with your requested services and to improve the services that we provide. It will not be a requirement to provide any additional information which is not needed to provide the services.
Reasons for Collection of your Information
In the course of our dealing with you we may collect and process certain information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including your email address and contact telephone number), payment details (where applicable), and other information about you in respect of which services and products may be provided. Your personal information may be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents to:
- identify you during any communication between you and us;
- assess eligibility for services and products (whether provided by us or on our behalf);
- carry out regulatory checks and meet our obligations to our regulators;
- communicate with you to arrange the provision of such services and products;
- administer and provide such services and products;
- detect and prevent loss, fraud and other criminal activity;
- carry out credit reference checks through associated third parties;
- carry out market research and to help us review, develop and improve the services and products we offer; and
- contact you (in accordance with your preferences), by post, telephone, SMS, email and other electronic means with information about products, services, promotions, and offers that may be of interest to you.
- Keep legal certificates and work records relating to the services we have provided to you including details relating to:
- Warranty, maintenance and guarantee information;
- Any information which we consider may be required by the Health and Safety notice, product recall or modification;
- Industry Body Documentation and records;
- Records of Advice given.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If some or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees or agents if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreement we have with or otherwise concerning you, or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
Third parties such as the Financial Conduct Authority, a finance lender (where applying for a finance option where we act as a credit intermediary), a finance credit broker, credit reference agencies (who may check the information against other databases, public or private to which they have access), or fraud prevention agencies. This information may come from your interactions with us or them through applying for finance or other consumer finance product; or ascertain from the way in which the loan is administered and managed.
In connection with the above purposes, your personal information may be transferred to, or otherwise processed by third party service providers acting on our behalf, our agents and law enforcement authorities (including the police).
We do not share your information with anyone if you do not apply for finance to purchase your products (in other words, if you pay for them outright). However, we may use your contact information to deliver relevant marketing messages. Sometimes these messages are delivered via a third party email provider, like Mail Chimp. In this instance Mail Chimp acts as a Data Processor under GDPR but we remain the Data Controller. This means you can still exercise all your rights under the Data Protection Act and the GDPR by making requests to us.
Access to Information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held about you. You also have the right to ask for inaccuracies in information to be corrected. Any access request is not subject to a fee unless the requests are unreasonable in which case a fee may be charged and will be disclosed at the time of request. A copy of the information held about you by us can be requested by writing to us at the address shown.
Transfer of Information Abroad
We will not transfer your personal information outside the EU.
Change of Policy
We may occasionally change the Privacy Notice to reflect customer and company feedback. Any changes will be shown on this page.
Our business has the effective processes to identify, report, manage and resolve any personal data breaches.
Dealing with Data Protection Complaints
We aim to comply fully with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our company’s management of personal data including your right to access data about yourself, then you should contact Dan Hiblin the director, who is responsible for ensuring our company is compliant with data protection and is the nominated data protection lead.
If our company holds inaccurate information, then you should write to our company at the address shown below providing the director with any evidence to show what the information should say, keeping copies of the correspondence. If after a reasonable amount of time (28 days is recommended) the information has not been corrected, then you can make a complaint.
There are two courses of action:
- Contact the director to process the complaint.
Phantom Screens UK Ltd
King Street Industrial Estate
Peterborough PE6 9NF
- If you are still dissatisfied, you can go directly to the Information Commissioner, the independent body that oversees data protection and the GDPR. They can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or their website is www.ico.org.uk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Copyright of all material on our website (photographs, images or film) is solely owned by Phantom Screens UK and protected under English and Welsh Law. Displaying our material without written agreement will be deemed as a breach of copyright.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Phantom Screens’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Phantom Screens and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Phantom Screens. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Phantom Screens takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Phantom Screens UK 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.