We comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, and the Data Protection Act that this regulation enacts. We are wholly committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and this policy explains how we collect, use, process and protect your personal information.
What is personal information?
We define personal information primarily as names, telephone and mobile numbers, email addresses and property addresses. However, personal information may also include location data and online identifiers like IP addresses.
What personal information do we collect from you?
We collect personal information from you when you interact with us or use our services. Currently, the only information we collect from this website is what you give us when you complete a Contact form or when you call us. We do not track your IP address or other personal identifying data during your visit to this website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is anonymised by Google, we only use it for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You have control over consent and can tick the relevant boxes on the Contact Us form to give your consent (or not) to continued contact. If you do not give us your consent, we do not have the right to contact you again outside the context of your original enquiry.
Where we undertake social media advertising, it is important to be aware that some of our social media pages give us automatic access to some of your personal information that they store about you (for example, posts you have liked, adverts or content you have viewed). You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on each of your applicable social media sites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to: provide and improve our products and services, provide you with a personalised experience on our sites, contact you about your enquiry or order, provide you with personalised customer service, and provide you with personalised advertising and marketing.
If we need to refer you to an independent fitter (where you live outside our direct fitting area for example), we will need to supply them with your contact details when you enquire with us. We do not share these details with anyone else. Sharing your contact information enables them to make direct contact with you and means we can ensure you receive the information you requested when you enquired with us. Once you enter into a contract with an independent fitter, their own data and GDPR policies will apply.
We may contact you to process payment, to manage your order, to measure or improve our services, to solve problems or discuss any relevant aspect of your enquiry or otherwise as necessary to provide normal customer service. We may contact you by phone, email, SMS or postal mail. If we use a third party for any installation process, they will only retain and use your personal contact information for the period required to undertake installation.
We may use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising and other personalised content).
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Where we have your consent, this includes: contacting you via phone, email or postal mail in order to offer you discounts and special promotions and targeted marketing, to research the effectiveness of our products and services through surveys or questionnaires, to measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns by analysing open and click rates and to inform you about our services, as authorised by applicable law.
How do we process your personal information?
How can you access, manage or correct your personal information?
You have the right to request access to your personal information as well as request corrections, restrictions on use or complete removal of your personal information. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request in Microsoft Word format and will honour any requests for amendments or removal. This right is determined by applicable law.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, indicate your communication preferences using the Contact Us page on our website, or contact us at any time by emailing email@example.com or calling: 01778 560070.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will only use your personal information to process your enquiry or order and send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting if you have given us your permission to do so. We minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to our employees and partners as indicated above and then only use data that is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your data for as long as necessary to provide you with the information, products or services you have enquired about or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. You can ask us to remove your data at any time by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we protect your personal information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Some of the safeguards we use are: firewalls, data encryption, access and authorisation controls.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information or following a personal request to remove your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this website. Phantom Screens UK; Unit 23, King St Industrial Estate, Langtoft, Peterborough, PE6 9NF.
Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Copyright of all material on our website (photographs, images or film) is solely owned by Phantom Screens UK and protected under English and Welsh Law. Displaying our material without written agreement will be deemed as a breach of copyright.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Phantom Screens’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Phantom Screens and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Phantom Screens. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Phantom Screens takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Phantom Screens UK 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.